Sunday 15 May 2011

Yay another Lay out!

Challenge 4 is to scrapbook a photo that needs an explanation.


On the face of it this is just a really badly taken photograph, of DD at school prizegiving. Of course that is where it was taken, but DD is not often in the mood to pose for her photo. In front of her whole year group, teachers and parents, her proud mother snapping away with a DSLR camera was too much! She hid, turned her face, blushed and practically ran back to her seat in horror! I attempted several pictures and this as the best of a bad batch! When I showed the page to her this evening she immediately said 'that is so embarrassing! Even Miss X asked me if my mum had embarrassed me!'



I suspect there will be many more occasions where I will cause great embarrassment, trying to record these moments for prosperity may just be too much! I look forward to discovering how embarrassing I can be when she is a teenager...... and beyond! Any tips for capturing a teen on camera??

8 comments:

  1. IMHO it's a parent's job to embarrass their kids - looks like you have it down to a fine art!!!! Great to have recorded this proud Mummy moment though - she will thank you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe a great picture and story furry. Its such great fun to be able to get the children back ;O) Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny, I don't think there is an easy way to photograph teenagers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - either a very long lens - or do what I do and tell her she'll be able to get her own back on her own children one day - works for me :c) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with Shimelle's challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I do agree, it is a parents extra special job to embarrass the kids! I'm not sure how to help though - my seven and four year old are reasonably cooperative - when they choose to be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely story! And as for embarrassing teens, I think just being their parents is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous scrapbook page and a wonderful story:) Isn't it great to be able to embarrass our children as our parents embarrassed us? It's a rite of passage...one of these days, she'll understand:) As for a tip for capturing pics...get them when they're not expecting it:) Those usually come out the best...and are even more embarrassing! LOL!

    Hugs!!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete