Saturday 16 April 2011

Blogging for scrapbookers....the last prompts

I am determined to finish the last 3 prompts from Blogging for scrapbookers as it has been a great class and if I do these it will be my first completed class!! Prompt 13 is all about past to present and I decided to look back on my blog from about this time last year and in 2009. Last year I had been away in Egypt for a fantastic all inclusive holiday just the four of us so I hadn't done as much blogging in April. I was still doing Project 365 at that time (before the camera stopped workng!) and the major excitement on my blog this time last year was posted here. I made lots of Layouts and was so inspired, unlike 2011 (I have only managed 2 pages this year yikes!) I need to get going again!!! Any ideas or tips???!! 2 years ago I started my blog and this was my very first post, it didn't really say much!! My initial reasons for blogging were to put some of my thoughts down, present some of my crafty cards, record some family memories and daily events. Initially I didn't actually tell anyone I had created a blog, I was very self conscious and not quite ready to share, But I had started 'following' a couple of blogs, which meant my blog was discovered!! It did take quite a while before I started telling people about Chatty Crafty Arty Pig! The reasons why I blog now(Prompt 15!) are slightly different. Although my blog is a total mess and needs a complete overhaul (any ideas??!!) I am now quite bold. I comment on lots of other blogs, read lots of other blogs and feel part of a bloging community, I really really appreciate each and every comment that is posted by you my readers. I don't always blog every day but I love following a bunch of my 'friends' blogs everyday and enjoy all the adventures we do together. Tomorrow a whole bunch of bloggers are getting together (including me!) for Mel's Alphanumeric blog hop, I hope you will come and visit! For prompt 14 I want to ask for some brief advice, over at Rachel B's blog she has a great LO on Red Nose Day here and the photo is B&W but the noses are red. Is there an easy way to do this with photos? I don't have photoshop so it may not be possible but would love to learn from some of you experts! Also, I am visiting Pagham nest week with the kids. Has anyone actually been there?? Anywhere nearby that you would recommend to visit?? Thank you all for any tips!! On Shimelle's blog giveaway she asked us to name a favourite blog and i decided to choose, not necessarily my favourite blog but certainly the most thought provoking, inspiring and touching one. I give you Kind over Matter..... go over, take a look and take it in, you won't be sorry. Phew! I did it I completed my first Shimelle Class and you my dear bloggy buddy have finished this mega post!! So do I join in the class that starts on Monday, 'Beyond Blogging for Scrapbookers'???? Are you??? xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Interesting post about your blogging journey. I've just found that you can do that b&w photo with a colour detail effect using Picnik (for free!) using a colour photo. After uploading your photo, press the tab for 'Create' then 'effects'. The effect you want is called 'Focal B&W'. HTH. I'm thinking of doing the Shimelle Class, am going to check out the details..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on finishing! Looking forward to seeing you at the start line of the next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it! Hooray :-) And YES, please do join us in the follow up class!

    Can't wait to see your post tomorrow - I'm getting so excited now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for completing the class *happy dance* I use photoshop to alter my pics so im afraid I am not much help! Picnik sounds good though, have fun experimenting :)

    ReplyDelete