Tuesday 23 March 2010

Something from (almost) nothing weekend challenges

Although I have been following the class I haven't been very creative, but I am learning and will use many of the prompts in the future. On Sunday I had a chill day, we were all soooo tired after trying to get out of the O2 it was a real squash and pretty scarey so we all got home late and all went to bed early!
So on Sunday I caught up with the latest on the Shimelle forum and discovered the weekend challenges... these are my 80/365 pics
Friday use metal, cardstock, patterned paper and ribbon on the same project
So I made my first ever 8x8 layout. I have pattern in the background, metal in the form of brads on my cardstock title and cardstock flower (plus one to form the dot on the i how cute is that?) and I just managed to use a little bit of ribbon on my hidden journalling tag that is attached with a metal staple!! My favourite thing about this photograph is that it was taken on a disposable camera by DS then aged just 4!!
Saturday take a photograph of an item/items in your stash you want to use then creaet a LO with them (and anything else from your stash)
I have several unused items including the cardstock, ribbon stickers and rub ons that I eventually used here.I made a 12 x 12 page with a favourite photo of my dad with DS from last year, in fact the shell embellishments were also unused until this point. I am not 100% happy with this but so love the pic that I wanted to use it.
Sunday Whatever item of your stash you choose, create a layout or project that uses no fewer than ten of that item: ten brads, ten pieces of ribbon, ten patterned paper scraps, ten buttons or so on. At least ten -- bonus points for lots more!
So for this I finally gave the 'brads as a frame' idea from the first prompt on pages with metals. This is an 8x8 again with 48 brads in total! I used scraps of cardstock for the dolphin punches and ultimately I am going to stick more mini dolphins on the bottom of the page and place some journalling on once I have checked the date out (so that odd looking silver rectangle with dolphin shapes will be going!!)! I did begin to go off the dolphins as I used 10 different types of cardstock and it was quite time consuming, but I love the overall effect!

2 comments:

  1. Some great projects...love that little brad for the dot on the i.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all fab - I love that brad dotting the 'i' too, and the brad frames look amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete