Wednesday 13 January 2010

Yet more snow!

Yesterday was a fairly quiet day starting with a walk through the dirty slush to a meeting for work. After returning home, having lunch and a chat with hubby, we popped into town. I got a few goodies in the sale (if you have girls the Claires 5 items for £5 is fabulous!) and a some bits from the amazing Lakeland (I rarely buy things full pricebut always have a good look through the bargain section). The kids came home from school and the 3 of us had hot chocolate, marshmallows and squirty cream/ squirty chocolate! This is picture 12/365....Today was snow madness!! We woke up to at least 3-4 inches of fresh snow and it was still falling. I spent ages trying to find out if the childrens schools were open, E was off but M went in (but returned home within an hour!). I was dressed in 6 layers of clothes to brave the elements as driving on the roads was treacherous. Hubby and E walked with me part of the way to work and we went via a local park.

It was so beautiful! It was even better than the winter wonderland of Narnia. I took so many photographs and some were actually ok!

The snow was really quite deep in places so i took a picture of my feet in the snow!It took well over an hour to reach the clinic and people actually came in!! I walked part of the way home and the snow was melting fast, my magical winter wonderland is disappearing!

7 comments:

  1. beautiful picture of the tree, definately a winter wonderland, I'd be tempted to make snow angels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pictures - our snow has all gone and may it stay that way lol!
    Bagsy the eeyore choccy mug :c)
    {hugs}
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What on earth is squirty chocolate, and where can I buy it? I NEED to try this!! hlcarroll@hotmail.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our snow was finally all washed away by rain today....than goodness....I'd got fed up with it after so long.....though it does look beautiful when newly fallen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Photos are fantastic I especially like the snowy tree. Our snow has nearly all gone -Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab photos Furry - the one of the tree looks so professional! :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow to the hot choc - wow to the snowy pics :-) We had the same experience on Wednesday, a sudden fresh snowfall which continued through the day - but luckily (in my opinion, not The Children's) not enough to close the school ;-)

    ReplyDelete