Tuesday 30 June 2009

The crafty place

Saveapenny from the card thread over on MoneySavingExpert set up a web space for all us crafty guys to meet up and discuss/chat to our hearts content. You can find the crafty place here and it is free, friendly and fun. I have joined in with the swops and challenges (these only started in May) and have made some new friends through these activities.

This month the challenge was to make a card with a summer feel and the word summer on it. I found this challenge quite difficult as I didn't want to put summer anywhere so it really was a challenge and I didn't have anyone to send it to so I did it quite quickly and don't really like it!




The ribbon I think is American Crafts, the paper is Basic Grey as is the chipboard cone (both Cupcake range) and I had the other letters in my stash. I might send it to the in laws as FIL loves icecream!

The theme for the card swop was 'pink' so although I am so not a pink girlie pig as you know, this wasn't too hard as there are quite a few pink things in my stash! I used some glittery card and some papermania chipboard with girlie shoes, then added some sequin flowers with gems for a bit of pink bling! A very simple card but I quite liked it!



For the first card swop I didn't actually get a card as I was a bit dubious about the person I was swopping with for several reasons and didn't give her my details in the end, she has never posted on Craftyplace since so I think it was a wise decision! I eagerly await my swop card this month and I'm quite excited!

Another swop is with ATC's or 'fat pages'. I went and bought some ATC's ready made and my first one for May was a bit of an effort as I found it really fiddly but this time I really enjoyed the theme of 'feeling blue'. See my post from 23rd June to see my experiences of ATC making!! I have just received my ATC in return and it is absolutely fabulous and it came with a fat page too so i was doubly blessed this month. The fantastically talented Debbie made these for me and you can probably guess why I was soooo thrilled!





That piggy stamp is the cutest ever and poor Debbie has had me asking her about 10 times where it came from (a seller on ebay, I am on the lookout for it!). Thanks Debbie xxx

The last swop I participate in each month is the stash swop, there are a list of things to include as a guide but it is always a surprise as to what you actually get! I especially like this as craft funds are definitely at a minimum as money is a bit tight at the mo, so this is my monthly outlet for having something new to play with!! I swopped with Caroline and was really happy with the gorgeous goodies I got have a look for yourself......



thanks to everyone on MSE and the Craftyplace for all your inspiration and advice over the months I appreciate you all xxx (one day I may even let you know that this blog exists!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment